Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Grumpy Girl

There are just those days sometimes when everything gets on your nerves.  It makes you grind your teeth and snap at strangers.  They call it, "the wrong side of the bed".  I do not know if there is a cure for it, but I find it interesting the things that I absolutely HATE on this kind of day.  Today it was the constant cleaning at my work.  Since I work night shift, it seems like I would be used to being around when carpets are vaccuumed and cubes dusted.  Usually, I get annoyed if I can't use the bathroom or if I get done with my workout at the gym and the locker room is closed for cleaning.  But, today was special.  I was irritated by the yellow caution signs, the locker room being cleaned before my workout, the carpet cleaners, and the vaccuming of cubicles.  I try not to be a crazy person, but some days I can't keep the crazy from bubbling up to the brain. 

It isn't that I don't enjoy the fun kind of crazy, but the random anger about cleaning or mistyping my password for the 100th time makes me feel like a 5 year old who needs to take a nap!  I probably need to take a nap...  They should have nap time for grown-ups.  Why do we suddenly not need sleep because we are able to have jobs. 

Well, when I get irritable, it often helps to get some exercise to get the energy out.  I went to spin class, and I felt much better afterward.  Of course, that didn't last long enough, and I am cranky all over again (I blame the sleep problems)

No comments:

Post a Comment