Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolution Time!!

We all have a resolution like "This year I will lose weight, budget better, get in shape, move ahead in my career. . ."

We all have something that we disliked about the way we lived last year, and 2012 is a chance to start again.  My 2011 was not my best year in a few ways, but I learned a lot about myself, and I learned a lot about my husband.  We are both better for having faced the challenges we did, but we are also in the process of rebuilding some things that fell apart. 

For my husband, he begins the year by leaving his job and returning to school- forever.  That is to say, he is going to get his masters in education and become a math teacher.  This is a huge step for him, and I am very proud.  He is a little nervous about the change, understandably, but I believe the career he is in now has never felt rewarding to him, and it is important to him to feel that he is making a difference.  Beyond this change, he has also made a resolution to lose 70 pounds!  That is a tough goal, and I do believe he will accomplish it, but I am going to be extra naggy for the next month on the nutrition and exercise side of things since the toughest part is when you start good habits.

I am going to be struggling to get back to my former 130 lbs.  So, while my husband loses 70 lbs, I will be working off 25.  I do not really care for diets, they make me cranky, but I will sacrifice my good mood for a while to gain the happiness of looking and feeling good.  The plan is simple, 1200-1700 calories per day and exercising at least 1 hour each day 6 days a week. I am aware of how much I hate being hungry, and how much I depend on food to comfort me.  But then, no goals worth reaching were ever easy. 

My other resolution is to be able to do 20 push-ups from my feet (no girl push-ups this year).  As much as I like exercising, this seems like a pretty easy thing to achieve.  I absolutely HATE push-ups though.  I think it is because they are so hard for me and make me feel weak every time I try to do them.  My trainer thinks I have a mental block, and I probably do to some extent, but I will overcome that as well!

Good luck to everyone who has made a resolution!  I hope we all make some positive changes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment